Welcome to the Women of the Towing & Recovery Association of America!
The Women of the Towing and Recovery Association of America was established in 1981 as a subsidiary organization of the Towing and Recovery Association of America, Inc.® (TRAA). Its goals are to provide financial aid to the TRAA, support women in the towing industry and assist the WTRAA Scholarship Trustees in providing grant scholarships to children of towing professionals to further their education.
Important Notices & News:
WTRAA Scholarship Committee Announces the 2021 WTRAA Scholarship Recipients
The Women of the Towing & Recovery Association of America (WTRAA) is an auxiliary organization for the Towing & Recovery Association of American (TRAA).
Since 1990, under the TRAA Education Foundation, the WTRAA Scholarship Fund Committee has awarded scholarships to the child or grandchild of a TRAA regular member to help them complete their education. Scholarships are awarded to students each year based on merit, financial need, and the candidate’s overall character, community involvement, family service, etc.
The 2021 Scholarship Recipients Are:
- Connor Schmit – Awarded $2,000.00 – Connor will be a freshman at Saint John’s University in Collegeville, MN. Connor is majoring in Global Business Management with a minor in Philosophy.
- Morgan Hobson – Awarded $2,500.00 – Morgan will be a sophomore at Gettysburg College in Gettysburg, PA. Morgan will be working towards a major in Business Organizational Management with a double minor in mathematics and economics.
- Julia Tantare – Awarded $7,000.00 – Julia will be a senior at Seattle University, Seattle, WA. After finishing with her undergraduate degrees in Criminology and Criminal Justice Theory with a minor in Psychology, Julia plans to attend law school to become a criminal defense attorney.
For individuals interested in applying for 2022, look for the WTRAA Scholarship Application to run in the Spring edition of the TRAA – Towing & Recovery Association of America’s National Towing E-News and on the TRAA website, traaonline.com.
Questions? Click here to submit your inquiry via email. (Inquires Only)
The WTRAA Scholarship Committee members are: Geri Roskopf, Chair, Katie Gratzianna, Kaileigh Kupchin and Jessica Kuntz – Advisor.
2019-2022 WTRAA Board of Directors
- President – Gay Rochester
- 1st Vice President – Ruth Landau
- 2nd Vice President – Jessica Kuntz
- Secretary – Michelle Sukow
- Treasurer – Cynthia Martineau
We accept PayPal for Membership Dues and more! Visit our Payment Options/Store page!
Women of the Towing & Recovery Association of America
700 12th St NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005